The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought an ozone generator and air dryer (I know I don't need ozone for a freshwater aquarium) to hook up to my Apex.

My question is this: is anyone aware of an in-line ozone reactor? If I could use it as a co2 reactor, too, that would be awesome Co2 during the day, Ozone to clean up a at night... Most (every) reactor have seen is for a reef tank and is meant to be used in a sump. Some put use their protein skimmer as a reactor. I could use a hang-on skimmer as a reactor but that completely defeats the point of having all of this plumbing.

If it matters, It's an Ozotech generator. I appreciate any recommendations! This tank is 48 gallons and the filter I want to hook up the reactor to will be an ES-600. I can hook it up to an ES-2400 as well, but was just going to run all of my inline stuff on the output of my es-600. Ideally it would include a carbon filter for the effluent.

I know I don't need one at all, but my new controller has all of the bells and whistles so I may as well use it. Yes, I know how dangerous ozone can be for both my livestock and myself if use improperly.

If there is not a product like this already, does anyone know of a reputable company that will make it for me? I am not a DIY type.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the 1000 to use with co2 since it looked better than DIY options, but using it with ozone kind of sketches me out, even if I ran the effluent through a carbon media reactor.

It's just so simple, and other ozone reactors are so complicated, I don't know how it could work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.