The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing an in-line Co2 atomizer and putting this inline on my Fluval 406. I was a bit worried as the fluval hosing is 18/22mm compared to the standard 16/22. I got an off cut of 16/22mm and this appears to fit fine. However I contacted Fluval and they came back saying:

"Hello I'm not sure if the Fluval 406 would fit a 16/22 hose, but we would strongly advise that you don't in-line anything with the 406, as this could cause the filter to back pressure and leak."

I asked them to double check this (and if I could post this information in forums) as it seemed a bit of a flaw and I've heard of people doing it and they came back with:

"Hello
Yes, we don't recommend in-lining anything with with our external filters. Post it on your forum if you wish, this may save a lot of stress and heartache."

I'd like to know if anyone has attached 16/22mm hose to the fluval 406 (or other external fluvals) and had any issues?

And if anyone has run anything inline on this? I really want the Co2 atomizer inline, with the intention of also putting in an inline heater to remove as much as possible from the tank.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your experiences on this. I reckon you're right Sarah and they are just covering themselves.

I'm going to go ahead and setup an inline co2 atomizer and keep an eye on it. I'm sure it'll be fine! :icon_bigg

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I went ahead and hooked it up. So far no leaks or any problems. Simply changed the outlet hose over to 16/22mm hose and that fits the 406 fine. The only minor thing I had was the new 16/22mm hose doesn't bend as easily over the tank without kinking so may look at that in the future, for now it has a nice easy bend into the tank. (Sticks out a bit from the side, but its not too bad)

I also have a fluval spray bar on my tank after the inline co2 diffuser and
thinking about their response saying that there could be a pressure build up, surely a spray bar could cause a pressure to build up and they obviously don't say not to use these?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts