The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a play around with a new stand I’ve built today & whilst I’m here I’m fitting an inline co2 diffuser, I think I understand where to fit etc, few questions...

1: I’m assuming it goes in this order

Filter outlet - few inches of hosing - inline diffuser- hosing - outlet

2: do I still use a bubble counter though?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
You don't need need one, but it's recommended to be able to get an idea of how much co2 is being injected. Your chain is correct, where the diffuser is installed onto the outlet hose close to the filter end. You have a second chain to think about for the bubble counter. The diffuser has 3 connections, and in and out for the hose just mentioned, and then a third smaller one where the co2 is injected. For that one, the chain would be Co2 regulator airline to bubble counter, bubble counter airline to diffuser. A lot of co2 regulators on the market come with a bubble counter built in which can make this a little easier, meaning you wouldn't have to install one onto the airline. You would also want a small check valve after the bubble counter and before the diffuser, closer to the diffuser, to prevent water from running back up the line to the regulator when co2 isn't running. It's definitely not as complicated as it sounds, and looking at photos helps.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need need one, but it's recommended to be able to get an idea of how much co2 is being injected. Your chain is correct, where the diffuser is installed onto the outlet hose close to the filter end. You have a second chain to think about for the bubble counter. The diffuser has 3 connections, and in and out for the hose just mentioned, and then a third smaller one where the co2 is injected. For that one, the chain would be Co2 regulator airline to bubble counter, bubble counter airline to diffuser. A lot of co2 regulators on the market come with a bubble counter built in which can make this a little easier, meaning you wouldn't have to install one onto the airline. You would also want a small check valve after the bubble counter and before the diffuser, closer to the diffuser, to prevent water from running back up the line to the regulator when co2 isn't running. It's definitely not as complicated as it sounds, and looking at photos helps.
Perfect thank you, I believe I’ve set it up right, I didn’t go for the bubble counter in the end, I haven’t adjusted it so it’s the same as when it was on, so I’ll see what happens in the next few days, definitely prefer the inline diffuser, much clearer tank, will most likely replace the heater next for an inline heater also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.