The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought i would share this - got it custom made from an irrigation supply company in Vic, with very similar parts as listed on the RG website.

Main pipe is 15"

All that is left is to glue it all together, and drill the co2 hole.

Not sure if i should get some kind of brass barb in the hole, or just stick the line in?

Also, what is the formal name of the 'co2 barb', as I am sure i can get this at the hardware store.

Whats it like with flow reduction? I see some folks have dedicated pumps, and I would prefer not to add to my power needs.

thanks all

Attachments

·
Plant Clown
4,734 Posts
Well, it's a couple extra feat of head, so that's some reduction, depending on canister power. Any extra elbows will also do their part. All you can really do is try it out and see what happens. You can put it inline with another pump after you give it a whirl.

I never liked the idea of simply inserting the tubing into the PVC, though it seems to work. If you go with a barb, a 3/8 drillbit is the perfect size for a 1/8" NPT threaded barb - just a bit smaller, so you get a nice tight fit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers kev

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers kev.

I read somwhere about needing a seperate hole to evacuate trapped air in the pipe?

Is there any need to do this, as I am trying to visualise any potential problems with the first run..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts