The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hey so i finally got all the parts and set up the whole co2 system and OMG theres bubbles coming out!!! so its working i suppose!!.

only a couple more questions, when i first turned it on the water in the inline bubble counter suddenly disappeared and im not sure where it went and how to get water back in there also what rate of co2 should i aim for in the bubble counter is 2bps good?

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
The water probably dissapeared if you turned it up too much. It pushes it though the tubing when you turn it up too high, especially suddenly.

I don't know the best way to refill, I just have a foot of scrap airline that I put on top of mine, fill up a glass of water and suck the water until it is full. Mine is DIY so it has a check valve, no water comes out the bottom. I don't know how non-diy keep water in or if they have some sort of check valve.

BPS is relative to your tank. Their are many variables, tank size, diffusion meathods, how much surface aggitation you have, what type of filter you are using, etc. Find what works for you. I recommend a drop checker to go with it so you have two ways of checking your co2 levels. But yeah, find what works for you, it could range from 1-5 bps, depending on many things. 1.5 works for me when my diffusor is clean but it probably needs 2-3 when dirty. Other people are at 3 to get the same levels. So again, it is all relative to your tank and a tool for you to adjust and "measure" to what your tank needs.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dude, yeh there was a huge explosion of bubbles when i initially turned on the co2 from the solenoid, so i think im just gonna turn off the co2 and refill the inline bubble counter somehow, should not be too difficult i was just curious how it happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts