The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or I could title this "From QT back to QT":
After a 3-4 week wait in quarantine, and multiple deaths (from maybe a bad batch of Pearl Gouramis), I was in the process of netting the two surviving fish for their debut into the Main tank. The smaller one went into the transfer container quite easily. The large male decided to jump from the net, and smack, right onto the hardwood floor. Ugh!
He's back in the QT tank and acting normal, but he has a small bruise on his chin (right next to his mouth) and what appears to be a minor scrape behind his head. The chin swelling reduced after 30min, and it looks like a small blood blister (or red spot).
My inclination is to add some aquarium salt to help with the slime coat, but other than that I'm not sure. Am I on the right track here? So now I wonder, do fish get internal injuries from landing on a hard surface? When is it safe to move him into the main tank?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
What is the difference between methylene blue and metronidazole? The LFS recommended the ladder.
I never thought of colloidal silver. Do you buy a fish grade product, or is a bottle (for humans) the same thing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.