The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the Forum because input from some of you gurus will save me additional time in experimentation.

Hypothetical (but close to reality)

100G tank
260W

Crude measurements but if I dose
1 Tablespoon of MgSO4 and
1 Tablespoon of K2SO4

then how much
CSM+B and
Chelated Iron
should I be dosing?

TR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump:

One of you gurus is bound to be able to help here.

TR

I joined the Forum because input from some of you gurus will save me additional time in experimentation.

Hypothetical (but close to reality)

100G tank
260W

Crude measurements but if I dose
1 Tablespoon of MgSO4 and
1 Tablespoon of K2SO4

then how much
CSM+B and
Chelated Iron
should I be dosing?

TR

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If I am starving, how much Jello should I eat? That is what your question seems like. Plants need nitrates, phosphates, potassium, trace elements and a source of carbon, preferably CO2. They also need enough calcium and magnesium in the water to meet their needs, so very low GH water often needs additional calcium and/or magnesium.

If you go to the sticky on dosing methods you will find good advice for how much of what to dose. Just don't forget that pressurized CO2 is essential, especially for that big a tank and that much light.

I assume your light will be 4 x 65 watt PC lights? If so, you will have high light intensity, assuming good reflectors on the light fixtures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.