The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am upgrading my 35g hex to a 93 cube in the next week. The cube is 30x30x24.

Right now I run one Beamswork on the tank and it keeps plants alive with insanely slow growth. I know it won't work on the 93.

Years ago I ran a 90g planted with pool filter substrate, EI dosing and CO2. This time I am going to still use PFS and EI but only use Excel and go low-tech.

I really like the look and functionality of the Finnex 24/7 but I see some people recommend against them for deep tanks.

Would this fixture (or two) work? Other suggestions? My other tank is a 125g reef and there are a lot of cheap black box options for reef. It doesn't appear the planted spectrum has as many options.

Since I will probably need two fixtures, would one Kessil A160WE work? They say the coverage is 24x24 and the tank is 30x30 but the majority of my plants will be in the center of the tank. I haven't seen one of these lights so I'm not sure if the edges would be 'really' dark to the eye or just not enough PAR for plants.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
coverage is really not a "concrete" number. It can be changed by alternate optics or raising/lowering the light.

Radion ? XR15 Freshwater | EcoTech Marine

120 degree lens (an option) would be better for your tank and, generally, freshwater ovrall, since you don't really need near as much "punch"
to the bottom as for saltwater..
8-9" off the water line should get you full coverage f/b t/b...

Max. power 60w....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.