The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a cheap led lighting system for my 2.5 gallon (i think its about 12" long tank)

Its just a shrimp tank, with some java moss and i put a water sprite plantlet to see if it could make it. So really, high crazy light isnt needed. I just want something so the shrimp and I can see in the tank :hihi:

I had seen the Marineland led light (about $35 at places) that looks like it would fit the tank. But thats more than wanted to spend on just a small tank that might not be kept. Any other decent cheap choices out there?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am looking for a cheap led lighting system for my 2.5 gallon (i think its about 12" long tank)

Its just a shrimp tank, with some java moss and i put a water sprite plantlet to see if it could make it. So really, high crazy light isnt needed. I just want something so the shrimp and I can see in the tank :hihi:

I had seen the Marineland led light (about $35 at places) that looks like it would fit the tank. But thats more than wanted to spend on just a small tank that might not be kept. Any other decent cheap choices out there?
Amazon.com: 20W LED Aquarium Flood Light COOL White High Power Fish Tank Lighting Reef Plant D?cor Salt Fresh H2O Main Lighting, Sub Lighting, Fresh Water Tanks, Salt Water Tanks: Home Improvement

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys

I think I will stay clear from a Flood light for now, seems like way too much for such a small tank

The finnex looks like it will not work with the glass top I have on the tank
But the Solarflare one looks like it might fit the bill. Wish it had a on/off switch though.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Yes I suggest the deep blue solare flare micro led light also.

Its pretty bright for the price.

Also if you need the led light to spread a bit wider you can unscrew the optics lens it has on it just carefull of water splashing up it. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.