The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone aside from the fish keepin hobby I am really into watches. although ionly have a nice lookin armitron watch, ireally want to get another watch.

ihave my eyes set on a black and gold Casio G-Shock digital watch.

but ialso want to see what other watches there may be.

any specifi favs? im open to anythn. only thing, ocant really tell analog lol so analog/digital combo would be cool lol

thanks and mods let me kno if this is allowable.

thanks again :)

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I'm an old railroader and carry an Elgin pocket watch.
Got several old ones that don't work anymore.
Could never find a wrist watch that would survive constant shock from driving railroad spikes,pulling spikes,etc.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The g shock line is good for that ^ I wear a gas hock for work and the like as they deal with abuse extremely well.

Wearing a watch now is more of a fashion statement given all these uppity kids with their cellphones will look strangely at them.

I loves my breitlings, I have a super ocean and a navitimer. But I can't wear them to work for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what are some quick tips for understanding analog time? like ikno how to tell analog time but itll take a few seconds to say "its 2:09" lol

what is a quick way to understand it?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Just practices wearing them over time and making yourself look at it for the time rather than your phone will help, probably wouldn't take more than a day or two, or you can get a watch with a numbered bezel and sorta cheat. In the picture below, the watch has a numbered bezel and when properly aligned you can look at the bezel for the minute and the hour hand for the hour. For instance in the picture the minute hand is pointing to just beyond the 40 on the bezel and the hour hand is almost to the six so we can quickly deduce that it is 5:41.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just practices wearing them over time and making yourself look at it for the time rather than your phone will help, probably wouldn't take more than a day or two, or you can get a watch with a numbered bezel and sorta cheat. In the picture below, the watch has a numbered bezel and when properly aligned you can look at the bezel for the minute and the hour hand for the hour. For instance in the picture the minute hand is pointing to just beyond the 40 on the bezel and the hour hand is almost to the six so we can quickly deduce that it is 5:41.

thanks! iguess itll take practice. imight get an analog g shock! time for practice lol

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Fossil is a good brand and can take a lot of abuse. Despite being female I typically prefer the chunky look of a mans watch and own numerous Fossil models which have never failed me. I also really enjoy vintage Seiko dive watches...also still very durable and just have a cool retro look.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.