The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I recently acquired this tank.
It's an Aqua Nova NT 383, but it was a factory second so it didn't include the hood. Which was fine with me because I didn't like the hood anyway.

I plan to either use an aquaclear hob or an eheim 2213(both of which I already have), and use a desk lamp with a cfl for lighting. Yesterday I was playing around with some driftwood/rocks/sand

But I'm not really sure how I want it yet.
I plan to have:

• moss covering most of the branches, I have some floating in a vase above my boyfriend's tank at the moment and I think its christmas moss. at least that's what it was called when I bought it. But I don't really know.

• anubias nana

• needle leaf or windelov java fern

• maybe bolbitis if I can get it
Basically I want to grow everything either attached to the rocks or the branches...any other suggestions would be helpful, this will be my first tank, I've been lurking around on this forum for a while :)

Can anyone tell me how to get a better slope in the substrate?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found some bolbitis :) now just have to find some anubias and either windelov or needle leaf java fern.. hopefully I can get it all planted in the next week or so. Have to work this weekend so I'll have to wait a bit..

For fish I was thinking of ember tetras if i can find some locally. I went to one of the two lfs and they had one lonely looking ember in a tank with two or three other fish of different types. I always thought they had to be in schools. :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
planted

Tank has now been running for a couple of weeks, and temporarily has some rummynose tetras that are being quarantined for my boyfriend's tank. They are so cute, I wish I could keep them... too bad its not a big enough tank.

here's a photo of the setup, I never seem to have my proper camera with me when I want to take a photo so its just one for now from my cellphone. also the water needs to be topped up a bit.

Plants:
Microsorum pteropus "narrow"
Anubias barteri "Nana"
Vesicularia montagnei
Bolbitis heudelotii

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet Scape :proud:, If you want some more xmas moss give Pm me and i can post you some.
good to see someone else from NZ on here :) whereabouts do you live?

currently this tank has been taken down because with fulltime work and study I haven't really had much time to maintain it. so all the plants have been put into my boyfriend's tank. Whenever i come onto the forums again though i reaaallly want to set it up again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.