The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the Denver Metro area have or know where I can get some Indian Almond Leaves or dried out oak leaves but preferably Almond leaves? Kind of new to the whole leaf litter thing and would love to find somebody/someplace local to buy them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Not from Denver but there is always a lot of people on here selling them. There's someone selling 30+ leaves for 11$ shipped.

-Chris

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are still some Oak Leaves on the Bur Oaks and maybe a different kind of Oak trees around the area, you can get for free. Most places don't spray trees. You can ask the park maintenance people, homeowner, etc. about using any spray, etc.

For my uses, I like the oak leaves better than Indian almond leaves, they degrade nicely and the shrimp and fish pick at them until there are just little leaf skeletons. They also don't turn the water as dark. The Indian Almond leaves I got turned black and disgusting, maybe they were just poor quality. So depending on what you need them for... I didn't need them for blackwater, just for my shrimp. Also, I tested them out just to be sure with some cull shrimp. White Mulberry leaves are good and can be found around here in Summer too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will be going in multiple tanks for both fish and shrimp. Multiple apisto tanks and multiple shrimp tanks. I'd like to get my hands on a few different types of leaves and kind of try them out as the whole leaf litter thing is still new to me. The ones in particular being oak and almond leaves. And I can find them online, I was just hoping to find someone local.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts