The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12x36x24 tank with 2 36 inch current USA sat+ and 2 inch deep substrate . I recently upgraded to pressurized co2 and I would like to add more light and higher light plants. Would a 36inch ray 2 ds replacing one of the current lights give me enough light at the substrate for carpet plants?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Light

I have one current sat plus on my planted high tech tank , co2 injected , and my plants grow really well. My tank is a 24 inch tall 60 gallon. I dose pps pro daily. In my opinion , you already have more light than you need.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If you add a Finnex Planted Plus you will have high light, and pretty good color too. A Planted Plus at about 24 inches gains you about 40 PAR, so you would have about 60 with the combination. That is enough to grow anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you add a Finnex Planted Plus you will have high light, and pretty good color too. A Planted Plus at about 24 inches gains you about 40 PAR, so you would have about 60 with the combination. That is enough to grow anything.
thanks for Your response hoppy did You mean using 3 fixtures? I don't believe my tank will fit all 3.

·
Registered
963 Posts
My personal advice is sell the Satellite+ fixtures and buy Satellite+ PRO instead.

Your tank is 24" deep? you need more powerful lights if you want more intensity.

Michel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 46 Gallon bow front (36X16X21) and I run satellite plus (not pro) and finnex planted 24X7 (running at full intensity and not using the 24X7 feature) and the dwarf baby tears has carpeted really well.. doing pressurized co2 as well. However note that the depth of the tank is a few inches less than what you have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the replies I'm goin b to follow hoppys' advice and get a planted plus to add to the 2 currents. The combination should give off nice color as well as fairly even light across the tank. The par level is also very desirable for the direction I want to take my tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.