The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 gallon, 28 gallon, 10 gallon, 10 gallon
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
In my 50 gallon aquarium, I have 3 Female Endler's and 1 male, along with 4 fry who are about 2 centimeters big.
My concern is, they are going to continue to breed, but when the baby fry reach maturity, will the breeding of the Endler's result in a way too much inbreeding? I am worried about the resulting fry being weaker etc.
Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
HI
In my 50 gallon aquarium, I have 3 Female Endler's and 1 male, along with 4 fry who are about 2 centimeters big.
My concern is, they are going to continue to breed, but when the baby fry reach maturity, will the breeding of the Endler's result in a way too much inbreeding? I am worried about the resulting fry being weaker etc.
Thanks!
:)
IME- I have a colony of hybrid endlers/ guppies- they revert to very drab coloration. Some take on strong wild type coloration. Some start getting weird throwback tail types. Mine haven't shown any signs of fatal genetic abnormalities or sicknesses, just got mostly really ugly lol. My colonies date back over a decade and started as 2 females and 3 males. They now number in the thousands. They have been bred as feeders, not for display.

·
Registered
70 gallon, 28 gallon, 10 gallon, 10 gallon
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IME- I have a colony of hybrid endlers/ guppies- they revert to very drab coloration. Some take on strong wild type coloration. Some start getting weird throwback tail types. Mine haven't shown any signs of fatal genetic abnormalities or sicknesses, just got mostly really ugly lol. My colonies date back over a decade and started as 2 females and 3 males. They now number in the thousands. They have been bred as feeders, not for display.
Okay, thanks! Who eats them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.