The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Internal Fluvals are the only thing I could think of. You'd need a couple of them, at least, to get the kind of filtration and circulation that you'd need for 75gal.

They're a pain to maintain, though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Alpinist and Jeff...
I forgot to mention that the tank would have pressurized CO2. So, sponge filters are out, unless I can put a powerhead over the intake tubing of a sponge filter.
Alpinist, that's a good idea. I'll look at the gph ratings of the fluvals, and compare tem to powerheads, which I can always fit with sponges, and have lying around.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I'd set up some powerheads with some sponges in the back corners, and maybe add in a Fluval thats just chock-full of ceramic rings.
I was doing this for a while on my 90gl- had powerheads with the sponges (mechanical/bio), and then a Fluval 3 filled up with ceramic rings (biological).
If you're adding Co2, you could possibly fit the tubing to the airline connector on a powerhead, thus reducing the amount of equipment in the tank.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.