The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

here is a 97L tank, 90*30*36cm , part of a serie of 2 tanks in the same thema ,same rocks type , same plantation type , same fishes .
this one was quite a challenge as it doesn't have so much depth , i had to use slope and stones in a optimum way to create a good depth effect .
here is how this tank looked a few months ago , the plantation has been a bit changed recently i'll update soon :D

specs:
90*30*36cm , 97L
lights 2*30W
tetra EX70
co2 1bps
aquasoil , power sand , tourmalineBC , penacW
ferts: brightyK , step2

hope you like it:D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Looks awesome! I would love to have a tank scaped like that one day. I just don't have the money (Co2, rocks, etc.). Awesome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks awesome! I would love to have a tank scaped like that one day. I just don't have the money (Co2, rocks, etc.). Awesome!
actually this one was quite cheap to realise , the set up all together (stand , tank , light rack , light bulbs , filter , co2 pressurised mini-set , soil etc...) cost less than 500 USD , stones were collected in a mountain near my place ;)

here is a full view of the tank :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for your comments:D

talontsiawd , those 2 tanks (this one and the 65L) are a kind of mix between the natural style (hardscape) and the occidental style (plantation organisation) , i think that it is what make them different , it is actually not the type of lay-out i usually realise , as i like to do more natural lay-outs (hardscape and plantation) ;)

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
thank you for your comments:D

talontsiawd , those 2 tanks (this one and the 65L) are a kind of mix between the natural style (hardscape) and the occidental style (plantation organisation) , i think that it is what make them different , it is actually not the type of lay-out i usually realise , as i like to do more natural lay-outs (hardscape and plantation) ;)
Exactly what I love, not necessarily "natural" style but enough so, with a strong emphasis on hardscape. Basically, cool plants that many of the "natural" guys would stay alway from but a hardscape that is excellent.

Anyway, I love it, no matter how poorly I describe it :cool:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
actually this one was quite cheap to realise , the set up all together (stand , tank , light rack , light bulbs , filter , co2 pressurised mini-set , soil etc...) cost less than 500 USD , stones were collected in a mountain near my place ;)

here is a full view of the tank :D

You guys are lucky in a sense that most of the nice rocks in aquascpaing business are available local to your regions. Here in US, this much rock would easily cost $500-700 (I have first hand experience).

That said, how much time do you spend on trimming :). I have maintained weekly schedules but I realize it take much more than that to keep tanks in tip top shape.

This (and others of yours) is awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts