Right now running 2 bulbs at 6 hours a day
Right now on top of the tank with the legs

Filter
Rena Filstar XP3
Also have 2 powerheads at both ends of the tank

Substrate Sorry I forgot to add this part

Eco Complete

No CO2

I have some plants now in my pictures. I wanted to know what other plants I can add to my tank. I have some algae on 2 of my moneywort plants and some on rotala indica and rotala rotundifolia. I also have java moss, xmas moss, sunset hygro. Any suggestions thanks in advance. I don't know how to add pictures. I posted in another section asking how to add a picture.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You can't go wrong with Giant Vals, especially in a tank that large. I find them really easy to grow. I also like Limnophila sessiliflora (Ambulia), Egeria Najas and Dwarf sagittaria.

However, I had more success with Dwarf Saggitaria in a rich soil. But If you just have sand it'll probably still do quite well.

These are just the plants I have experience with; all of them are really easy and really fast growing. You really can't go wrong with them.
It is more fun to have fast growing plants because you can see their progress. Also, fast growers can handle algae better, because you can just remove infected parts.

Bear in mind I went wrong with Java moss, Java fern and anubias. And I have Val, Saggitaria and ambulia coming out my ears. It all depends on what does well in your tank. Kind of trial and error.

EDIT: PS you need a photobucket account to post pictures.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some pictures

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.