The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a temporary tank, until I have time to do a proper rescape. No fish, moderate lighting (110 watts raised way off the surface of a 40g), and lots of CO2. I'm aiming for slow healthy growth and I'm trying to heal a number of plants I nearly killed recently during a move.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A seemingly endless battle with green water and subsequent blackouts has really beat down on this tank pretty hard, but finally I have won! I present to you, the best looking tank I've had since the middle of last year:icon_smil

Nothing too fancy, but it is such a relief to finally have a tank that has visual appeal instead of being an eyesore.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I somehow missed your comment back in jan, Houstonhobby. Thanks for the kind words!

Here is an update, the tank has managed to morph into an actual aquascape of sorts:

I want to expand the erio 2 area, and there is some Bacopa salzmanii on the right side that can't be seen in the photo. That, and the right side turned into Erio goias storage, but I hope to change that soon...

·
Registered
572 Posts
I like it too. There's something about the chaotic, unplanned, look of a collectoritis tank that really appeals to me.
I agree. Some of my favorite tanks are overgrown. Maybe there's a piece of driftwood, or rocks, but finding them is a 'Where's Waldo' experience.

·
Registered
397 Posts
We could use an update on this epic tank!

It is really nice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts