The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get some Oto's for my 20 gallon. Ended up with three nice fat looking oto's, a half dozen trumpet snails (free of charge) and this handsome betta, which I just couldn't refuse. I had a 2.5 gallon cycled that I was contemplating making into another shrimp tank. Now it's going to be this lucky guys home.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Nice find! That's not your typical LFS betta.

But where's "Feeders Supply"?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Veil Tails are great. Don't know what "they" see in those what I call "blender Betta's".
I should likely just leave that one alone as Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Know what you mean about couldn't resist. Was in Petco two weeks back and walked back to the fish dept after I'd already went to the cash register to see it one more time.
Don't remember the name of the type, but it was Royal blue on most of it but the head and a couple of random spots on it were white as snow.
But I know my tanks run 76-78F depending on the house temp and can even drop one or two more degrees.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That one doesn't look like a veil to me?

Looks like double tail almost. Definitely seems like a bigger tail than the Veil's, which I do personally like a lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a rather nippy leopard danio, that is going back to the LFS soon. But i have 2 hang on back filters in there and I don't want the current to affect his health. He's far too pretty.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I have two impulse bettas. One is Lily, a cute betta-girly who caught my eye at Petsmart (must I always check out their bettas?) and turned out to be a marble. She went from whitish-cellophane to orange-ish body with purple flecks and bright blue fins, and she's still changing. My other is Maximus, one of the 'king' bettas Petco has been selling. Gorgeous blue-green fella... he just HAD to be sitting there looking calm when I was considering getting a betta for my other community tank. Short fins + calm betta + COLORS OMG = purchase.

Personally, I like some of the random-mutt hybrid bettas. They can have nice colors, plus sometimes you get a marble or two. Marbles are fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts