The Planted Tank Forum banner

941 - 960 of 962 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
You can add an air stone to the hose, but maybe something like a metal fitting/adapter to prevent a restriction.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Captain
75g, 40g, 20g
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #942
Looks like a winner!

I like how you're using a NLS food container as a booster seat. That's exactly what I would use my NLS food for too as none of my fish will eat it. And when I say, "None", I mean none!

Oh, I also dig the candle. Is that to create some ambiance when the fish are feeling frisky?!? ;-)

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

Candle is used for evening mood lighting - after the main lights shut off :grin2:
As for the NLS - the bows seem to be ok with it. I tend to feed them a custom flake mix more often though.

·
Captain
75g, 40g, 20g
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #943 (Edited)
Trying something new so bare with me.
Using Samsung S9 phone to access TPT & directly upload pic from phone (no hosting site). FYI, this is the wife's tank.
First pic is taken using standard camera settings for Photo. Colors to me look very washed out and over exposed. Tank lighting at normal full setting.
Second pic is using Pro mode ISO 500, F1.5, 1/250 WB 4500K. Colors to me look closer to in person, but still a bit blah compared to in person.
20210123_085956.jpg
20210123_084700.jpg

·
Captain
75g, 40g, 20g
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #947
In the above post, the top image is what ever size TPT chooses to add. The bottom image is full size. If I right click the bottom image and "view image" I get a larger pic AND can zoom in. This is starting to look closer to what I see in person.

·
Captain
75g, 40g, 20g
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #950
Agreed with @ReeferRusso - it amazes me to no end what can be done with a cell phone these days - especially considering it's size.
So, more experimenting. After looking at a bunch of pics on the Share your bulb combo thread, I thought I would make some changes to the Light as opposed to the camera. Cool white down, warm white up and green up a bunch.

ISO 160, f2.4, 1/60, WB 5700k
Light-100% blue, 25% cool white, 60% warm white, 75% green, 100% red. Power 88%
Pic saved to DropBox and uploaded to TPT w/o edit
20210124_075532.jpg

If you click on the pic, View Image, you should be able to zoom in and see all the gory details :)

·
Captain
75g, 40g, 20g
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #951
Ok, the above pic is finally looking like the real thing. (posting, as opposed to editing as @Greggz mentioned you currently can only Edit so many times in 1 week I guess).
The New Guinea Red (Irian) Rainbow (Glossolepis incisus) in the middle of the pic is looking very clear, almost as good as Gregg's shots. The Limnophila aromatica 'mini' in the front right shows the correct color that I see in person. Behind it is the Rotala Sri Lanka Bronze which is starting to show a nice color. I am adjusting the light duration and color temps but not the power level (about 80PAR), will see how this effects the plant coloring.
Always a learning experience - hopefully the last few posts will help with light coloring and photography of my 75g tank :cool:

·
Captain
75g, 40g, 20g
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #958
Nice video! Did the doorbell ring? haha
LOL, no - was one of the cats. Just had to scratch at the collar during the video. Was kinda surprised at how loud it was.
Having watched the video a few times, I am amazed at how the video shows the correct color temp on the 20g tank (first one), then gets bit funky (to warm?) when switching to the other tanks. Get the feeling my phone camera just does not like high power LED lighting.

941 - 960 of 962 Posts