The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would share a 4 month half hazard experiment with you all. Bought a bowl at the dollar store. Put in some mineralized soil from an old tank that i had dosed ferts in and a few sprouts of hair grass. Left it outside May till August with suran wrap on it, pouring water in every so often when i was watering the plants. Sometimes i would go outside and the suran wrap would be blown off a bit(mabe for a week) and the grass would be a bit dry, and i'd just replace the suran and water it a bit, it was actually neglected completely for 6 weeks. And this is what happened.

May

Sept

It made a pretty good sod. I could have lifted the whole piece out pretty easily.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
here's mine
It's just outside with plenty of sun..
this was in the spring. it's taken over halve of the circle and the giant hairgrass has taken over the other half.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Kewl.... Growing stuff emersed seems the way to go. Grows quicker and then you can plunk it back into the Aquarium and aquascape away. There are only a few disadvantages, like the extra space required, a little extra effort, and the obvious transition from out of to in water enviro.

Wonder if this would work with growing money... I find that my cash grows very slowly and would like it to grow much, much quicker..... heh,heh.

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
Wonder if this would work with growing money... I find that my cash grows very slowly and would like it to grow much, much quicker..... heh,heh.
Why don't you try leaving it outside in a bowl and see what will happen to it? :hihi:

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts