The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined this forum a little while ago with the sole purpose of setting up a little planted tank for my betta. I just wanted plants to help stabilize water parameters for my little finned friend. The more I browsed the more interested I became.

Shrimp also caught my eye as I viewed other members tanks. I figured I would toss a couple in my betta tank and see what happened.

I don't know whats going to happen with the betta, I'm going to move him in in the next couple days but my god these shrimp. I picked up 3 amanos from petco and as soon as I got them in the tank they just started darting around. My god, they are fascinating.

I haven't even finished getting this tank set and already I'm picturing bowls and tanks filled with different shrimp. My god. Too bad I'm broke.

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
Amanos definitely added a different element to my tank when I first got them. And I envision projects over 6 months ahead of time that I can never really afford... so welcome to the club lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
I don't know how warm your tank is but from my experience amanos greatly dislike warmer water. I've tried on two separate occasions to put them 78 degree water and I ended up with carpet surfers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been planning this tank for months. No way I can set up another.

Crap, do they really? This tank is at 78 for my betta. Maybe I should have gone for the rcs, but I thought the amonos might fair better against my betta due to their size.

·
Registered
601 Posts
That was just my experience. Maybe yours might be different or maybe something else was up with my water (which I doubt because everyone else was happy)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.