The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has some mut shrimp, ones in which you interbred and are no longer a pure bred. Im looking for some ugly interbreeds that I can breed out. Im willing to pay for shipping but I was looking for a RAOK. It would be my first experiance with shrimp so I didnt want anything expensive. Im looking for beginner shrimp that aren't the LPS ghost/glass shrimp.:)

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I'd go with what shrimpnmoss said. RCS are only $.50 each and generally if you buy 20 or so the seller won't charge shipping. That way down the line, if you REALLY wanted to play with mutts throw in one yellow shrimp and you have a tank full of mutts. However, down the line if you wanted to just have RCS you wouldn't need to redo the entire tank as in the case if you start raising mutts now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just more of a plants and fish person. (no offense) but the looks of my bottom cleaners doesn't make a difference to me. I didn't plan on doing anything special for them if they breed in the tank then awesome. I wasn't going to remove berried mothers and cover filters, I was just slowly going to remove the darker colored ones over time. If they even breed and if anything survives. just two tanks light and dark.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Everyone has nice shrimp, i want shrimp that people want to get rid of. Like a shrimp orphanage lmao.
Actually I have a tank specifically for the mutts haha. I just add yellows and red's in that don't seem to be their "full" color. I felt bad throwing them out (never shipped anything out before, or I would've offered to send you some) so I decided to set up their own 10 gallon. No "cool" colors yet. Just brownish haha, not even that dark.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Everyone has nice shrimp, i want shrimp that people want to get rid of. Like a shrimp orphanage lmao.
Just go to the SNS and buy some RCS from someone. Nobody here likes you enough (or at all) to bother giving you some free shrimp. It takes time and effort to ship shrimp out. So to just come onto this forum out of the blue and ask for free shrimp is not going to get you anywhere.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Just go to the SNS and buy some RCS from someone. Nobody here likes you enough (or at all) to bother giving you some free shrimp. It takes time and effort to ship shrimp out. So to just come onto this forum out of the blue and ask for free shrimp is not going to get you anywhere.
Hahahahahahaha WHOA!!
I hope people in here like me!?!?!?!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice people do exist... not to mention i'll be paying for the shipping and if the person likes the hobby enough to read my post chances are they like doing things like this. I've already had one inquiry from greenisgood just need to work out details. You do have a point though...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sorry to be so blunt, but I am sure a lot of people were thinking the same thing as me, they were just polite enough not to say anything.

Shipping shrimp involves time and effort on the shippers part. Breather bags, cold packs, heat packs have to be purchased, time has to be spent cutting the insulation for the box. Time is spent catching the shrimp. And then you have to drive to the post office and wait in line. I don't think its reasonable to just expect someone to do all of this for you for free. But a lot of people selling RCS in the SNS will do this for a very minimal charge.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Sorry to be so blunt, but I am sure a lot of people were thinking the same thing as me, they were just polite enough not to say anything.

Shipping shrimp involves time and effort on the shippers part. Breather bags, cold packs, heat packs have to be purchased, time has to be spent cutting the insulation for the box. Time is spent catching the shrimp. And then you have to drive to the post office and wait in line. I don't think its reasonable to just expect someone to do all of this for you for free. But a lot of people selling RCS in the SNS will do this for a very minimal charge.
even ugly shrimp need some lovin! :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I just figured someone who enjoys doing this wouldnt find it to be a waste of time. My money would cover those expenses. At the rate we're arguing you're making me feel cheap. :icon_roll Anyone have muts FS?

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I would definitely be willing to send you some of my mixed breeds but I have never shipped before :X.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Asking for a R.A.O.K. isn't nice.

Asking for something cheap is.

Say you make another thread (Looking for shrimp culls and am willing to pay $1.00 to $2.00 each for them.)

You'll get responses back and you'd also be respected.

Expecting to get things for free will work for some, but not after they themselves get burned.

You might also like to tell people that you just setup your tank so it isn't stable for shrimps yet.

Is your tank even planted out?

Do you have shrimp food?

Are you planning on adding diy co2? Saw a quick post about that.

·
Registered
237 Posts
sorry to be so blunt, but i am sure a lot of people were thinking the same thing as me, they were just polite enough not to say anything.

Shipping shrimp involves time and effort on the shippers part. Breather bags, cold packs, heat packs have to be purchased, time has to be spent cutting the insulation for the box. Time is spent catching the shrimp. And then you have to drive to the post office and wait in line. I don't think its reasonable to just expect someone to do all of this for you for free. But a lot of people selling rcs in the sns will do this for a very minimal charge.
SORRY HAD TO SAY SOMETHING HERE
NOT SURE WHERE YOU ARE FROM
BUT
check the swap and shop
last time i looked there are lots and lots of people
with RAOK

Check johnny313
20 rcs for $20.00 shipped
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/151398-fs-20-red-cherry-shrimp.html
he actually did a RAOK with these about 2 weeks ago

I wish i had some shrimp i will give them to you and pay for the shipping -box-cold pak and yes gas
He is asking for the mutts-shrimp alot of people here don't want and is willing to reinburse for cost.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.