The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have also seen quite a few on craigslist right now as well (I am looking for a 6 ft tank). However, be careful... if they have ever used copper treatments for ich or other parasites, it can stay in the silicone for a very very long time.

You can sometimes find a treatment that helps remove copper in the saltwater section of fish stores. If you get a used tank for shrimp, it may be a good idea to get something like that to remove the copper that might be in the tank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only place I regularly see 20 Long tanks on retail is at Scales n' Tails on S. Broadway in Englehood. My kid has one for his lizard. I don't know if they're rated for a full water load though...

·
Registered
214 Posts
One other thing I forgot to mention. My shrimp tank was going to be 20L, until I noticed that there were none for sale used, and a ton of 29 gal for sale used.

So, I bought a 29 gallon, and I actually kind of like the extra height, now that I have some taller stem plants in it. The shrimp hang out on the plants and such, too, not just on the bottom.

Plus, there's the benefit of more stable water chemistry coming from having more water.

·
GEEK
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everybody for the info. I have been perusing craigslist for the past month or so and haven't found anything that I like, so I thought I would try here. I guess I'll have to just suck it up and buy everything new. I hope you're enjoying the snow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.