The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed tonight as I was in the middle of doing a water change that my CRS had babies. I was really surprised because I just really noticed that I had a few berried females so I didn't expect any babies for a month or so. I just pray that they do good. They are so cute. They look just like the adults in color. I'm use to RCS where the babies are more white and then get their color as they get older.

I just wanted to share my good news with you guys :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no way I can get a picture of the little one I saw. My camera is not good enough. If it decides to land on the driftwood right in front of the glass I may be able to but even then it won't be easy. It's very small. I keep looking around to see more but so far I haven't. I have allot of moss in this tank so they could be anywhere.
THanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats! :)

I've got my shipment of CRS coming in on Wednesday and I'm pretty excited, can't even imagine how cool it'll be once they breed.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Your really going to love these shrimp I sent you. I think I put a few with eggs. I sent some near hinomaru, and a few hinos with your Package. When you first get them they will be clear for a few hours. I put some really white ones in the package.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your really going to love these shrimp I sent you. I think I put a few with eggs. I sent some near hinomaru, and a few hinos with your Package. When you first get them the will be clear for a few hours. I put some really white ones in the package.
Thanks Gabe, I am really excited about getting them. can't wait. :) :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your shrimp just cleared customs and should be there any day now.
Yes I saw that. Hopefully tomorrow they will arrive. last it said was left San Francisco then it said cleared customs. Where is customs? :icon_lol:
looking forward to getting them BIG time :icon_wink

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Congratulations on the babies:biggrin: You will not be able to grade them until they become about half an inch, until then enjoy watching them grow.

Be sure to share your experience with your expected CRS and post some pictures please:icon_smil

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
You can grade them a month after they are born or sometimes sooner. Aleast I can. Now with my High grades like Hinomaru, I cant tell if the are Full stop signs or no entry.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Here are some shrimp smaller than 1/4 inch I can grade them all. First is an A grade Black bee.
All shrimp in these pictures are mine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts