The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to having shrimp except on a plate with cocktail sauce! LOL!

Since I first received the first dozen, my shrimp appear to be happy, and lately even more so as related in a prior post, I do in fact have babies now! I originally thought the first time giving birth was somehow botched, and now I'm glad to say that now its just the opposite!

A couple other members mentioned that first time mothers have to get "used to birthing", so now that mystery is solved!

Since these shrimp are doing fine, and the water conditions have been stable for three months (or more w/ water changes)), would it be safe to say that it would be ok to introduce OEBT's ?

Thx,

Martin

·
Registered
584 Posts
In terms of the tank being matures enough I would say you are good. Keep in mind OEBT are a bit more specific about their water conditions though. Cooler (say under 76), softer water is required over what cherries will thrive in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I can drop the temp 1 to 2 degrees and be ok w/ the cherries, however my pH runs between 7.4-7.6 .

Regarding hardness, I'm told that my GH/KH API kit has a different reading with the chart unlike other kits, but I understand its a moderate hardness.

There's a member who was selling OEBT's about 4-6 weeks ago. According to his info his water was harder than mine and his OEBT's were healthy & breeding like crazy.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.