The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello amazing community,

I just recently got some new cute additions to the family, but I wanted to know wha they truly are.

The lady that manages the store told me they are male guppies, but they look different from what I know, she didn't give me a specific type of guppy name, so that's why I'm here to ask the experts.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yey... Poecilia wingei ... Endlers or Endler Guppies :D I think they are cutter then the standard guppy and find them less aggresive. The neon glowing colors are also a plus

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input everyone.
They are certainly cute, there was a bit of an adjustment period when I added them, one of my Rasboras was chasing them but seems that after I fed them they realized they were not food but new family.

Also, my Betta seems to be OK with them, a little chasing at the beginning, but no more.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
They look like they might be purebred or at least nearly purebred endlers, too, which is a bonus. Those guys will stay smaller than guppies.
When introducing tiny fish, it's best to feed first and then add the fish, or add them in a way that isn't similar to how the established ones are normally fed. Prevents an automatic "FOOD" response.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
A little interesting information. The orange on the sides is the colour preferred by females.
It is however not a single colour but a combination of yellow and reds one it gets from food the other from pigments.
The orange stays the same though. If there is more of the colour providing nutrients, the pigments increase to match and vice versa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.