The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently rearranged my tank so as to make introducing new angels a tad easier, so I once more came into contact with some plants I've had for a long time and some I've only recently gotten.

One of these is a lotus plant. It's changed colors since I got it but seems healthy. I decided to leave it out of the substrate, and noticed a kind of pretty green plant growing all over the actual bulb, and I was wondering if it could be identified.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looking that up, it does bear similarities. If that's what it is, what do I do to keep it alive? Just leave it be and in the right conditioslns?

According to the previous owner of the lotus, it actually is probably Queen moss. Which is still a cool hitchhiker here! Here's hoping I can keep it alive.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
To make mosses like java etc grow quickly you need two things...
Not too warm water... and let them float in a shallow tub with some water in so they get maximum light.
They can grow pretty fast like that.... they also like some flow of water once you get them into the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.