The Planted Tank Forum banner

Identification?

892 6
Hi guys, I got a couple stems of this plant with my shrimp in the mail. It's since spread itself all over my tank, and it's cool but I have no idea what it is. I was thinking pearl weed perhaps?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,927 Posts

·
Banned
5,927 Posts
Looked up the kind I have by pictures in Google and don't remember much that was written about it. I have ferts in my tank and that may factor in but the kind that I think mine is by leaf pattern has an "M" as the beginning letter of both names.
As I recall there were two types and you may have the other type. Mine seems to not be restricted on height but after the sub I only have about 10.5" of water in the 10g tank. The one which I have has those white roots like the ones which come off the sides of plants like Wisteria. They are poor roots and the plant can be easilly pulled up when trimming it if you are not careful. But they gather ferts from the water also and
I put some on branches(wrapped them around and tied them) and once established they grow well like that. With those roots just hanging in the water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.