The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I was at the LFS and I saw some red and I've been dying to get some red into my tank so I bought it....

Now I'd like to know what it is so I can properly care for it and get it to propagate :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Almost 100% that it's http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/details.php?id=97&category=genus&spec=Nesaea

This plant actually is quite common but its PAIN IN THE BUTT. Unless you're doing high tech with IE dosing and willing to watch everyday to check for fe problems this plant won't even root.
I was worried about that when I bought the plant but I wanted some red.

So I'll give it a try :) If worse comes to worse I should have a runner from my jungle val over to replace it within a week or so :confused1:

·
Registered
603 Posts
I was worried about that when I bought the plant but I wanted some red.

So I'll give it a try :) If worse comes to worse I should have a runner from my jungle val over to replace it within a week or so :confused1:
IDK but I dumped my Rotala macrandra outdoors in a dirt tank and it didn't care. It just grow and grow. :3

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Is there a trick to this plant? I can't Keap them alive to save my life! But then again everyone I have ever gotten was in very poor condition to start :(
CO2 and light. needs more of both than some other rotalas, like r. rotundifolia or r. vietnam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.