The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the Tank, and well I don't know what to put in it. Currently there's a school of white clouds and school of serpae tetra's. Bout 6 each, pondering on upping those to 10 or so each. But no less any thoughts on what else would look good in the tank. Just looking for new idea's so I'm not going to say what my thoughts have been so far.

·
Banned
934 Posts
Cool tank did you just fill it up looks a bit hazy? If I were to stock that tank I would go with a school of the serpae tetras you already have probably like 10 total. Then get a school of either cories or some sort of loaches for the bottom. Then maybe a dwarf gourami or pair of german blue rams as a sort of centerpiece fish.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Centerpiece fish is one I would recommend. Recommend gourami over german ram if you're new to the hobby. The gourami will also bring some activity to the top if you go with a school of cories.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought about Denisoni Barbs but I think they're best kept in schools and get like six inches long or so, though correct me if i'm mistaken. I think I'm going to grow the school of Serpae tetra's they're nice and active and my little school is doing pretty well so a few more couldn't hurt. I wanted to stay away from cardinals this time around.

Clear picture, was sand that was causing the cloud in the other. Added more in the back there. I had thought about adding a handful of Kuhli Loaches, and will be adding more Serpae Tetra's. I thought about dwarf Gourami's and rams, decided that my water is too hard for rams.

Was thinking maybe Pearl Gourami's, but I don't know was trying to come up with something a little more unusual i guess. Another maybe was a pair of kribs. Was also pondering on some rainbow fish. Not real sure what i'm going to end up with. Just kinda stuck on what to toss in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.