The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am looking for suggestions to secure my co2 tank. The problem is I have rugs in my apartment and the co2 tank is rounded on the bottom like a 2 liter soda bottle. I don't have a stand to secure it in because the fish tank is only a 10 gallon sitting on top of a dresser. I also cant drill holes in the walls or anything like that because it is an apartment. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
John

·
Registered
277 Posts
Use a couple of Bungee Cords with hooks at the ends and get a set of eye hooks that you can screw into the wall or dresser.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Small metal trash can; 2x2' piece of plywood, some short bolts, washers & nuts, ditto some eyebolts. Some sand or "Great Stuff." A few short bungees.

Drill holes in the bottom of the can along with matching holes in the plywood. Bolt together. Put 3 or 4 eyebolts around the top of the can. Pour a few inches of sand into the trash can to cradle the bottom of the tank. Or use "Great Stuff" spray foam although I suspect that would be even messier than the sand. Wrap a couple bungees around the neck of the tank from opposing sides and secure to the eyebolts. Voila'! Secure tank support.

Or, if you've got a way to cut some wood, make a little box out of 2x6 or larger that's just of a size for the tank to sit down in, and fasten that to the plywood square with nails or screws through the bottom. Then eyescrews screwed into the top edges of the 2x's. Sand still might be a good idea depending on how tight the fit is.

Just a couple of ideas off the top of my head, have no idea how well either would work in actual use.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice ideas Cindy, thanks. Actually I was thinking of the same sort of idea you had with the small metal can. I was thinking of trying a water change bucket with some sand in it to hold it securely. Thanks again,
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts