The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I removed the Flourite original substrate from my 55 gallon tank because I just hated how extremely messy and dirty it was. The color of the gravel itself though was quite nice. I switched it out for 3 25 pound bags of Top Fin plain black gravel. I've done this in a tank before and it looked quite nice and simple, as well as pretty cool considering it matches my already existing spray painted black background.

My only issue is that has me a little bit regretting the choice I picked is... it's not 100% entirely black. A lot of the pieces must have not been dyed black all the way because there is a lot of white showing everywhere.

I'm stumped on what to do now.... Because it's not looking the way I had pictured. I'm considering down the line emptying it out and replacing it with a more natural looking dark brown colored gravel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know where you're located but if you have a menards home improvement store they sell a darker play sand than what lowes/HD sells and it looks great. It's a brownish color instead of the tan that the others sell. Give it a try. 3.00 for 50lbs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.