The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on my 29g? It's only a month old so once things grow in it might be ok as it is. I'm looking to keep the center somewhat open which is why I have it the way it is.

I have 42 w of T5NO currently, no CO2, I fertilize with root tabs and KNO3 and Flourish. The back left corner is a Kleiner Prinz sword and the other two in front of that are the parvilflorus. On the right I have some crypts and a very disappointed hygro corymbosa. I've been eyeing up hygros for a long time, but to me it looks nothing like the other ones I've seen.

Anyway, any suggestions or should I just wait and see what happens? :)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Very nice start!:proud:

Is the substrate pool filter sand?
What brand of light strip is that?

I would like to some Wisteria in there. A lilly would look nice too. Wisteria can be bought at Petco. The lilly bulb can be bought at Wal-mart.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, it's pool filter sand which I do like for planting, but the white color is not the best when it gets dirty. (I would definitely go back to black down the road). Lighting is a Coralife fixture.

As far as the swords, I had buried them a little deeper because I had to do a lot of trimming on those...I was trying to hide the parts that were cut. I will definitely adjust those.

The back left corner is what I don't like, I guess. I'm hoping that Kleiner Prinz gets big enough to fill it in. I tried jungle vals back there but had no luck on those at all...even with root tabs. I actually tried to look for wysteria this past weekend but neither my Petco or Petsmart had that.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.