The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone is selling some ideal 52-2-11 needle valves on fleabay just giving a heads up if anybody is interested. thought somebody might want them here for less than retail.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Search "Ideal brass needle valve 52-2-11 precision metering valve, precise flow" that is how it is listed. Its on my ebay app so I can't post a link or I don't know how.

·
Plant Clown
4,734 Posts
The "2" in the middle of the model number is the type 2, larger stem. The Ideal valve that folks often gush about is the type 1 stem, which is a good deal more precise.

52-2-11: Series 52, stem type 2, straight pattern.
52-1-12: Series 52, stem type 1, angle pattern (this is the common one for us)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He has them listed with a cv. Of .081 full open with 3 degree taper 43' on the needle what is the 52-1-12? Just curious.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see just went on ideals website and see that the 52-1-12 is a 1 degree taper at 23' with a cv. of .019 quite a bit more precise I did not know that thanks for the heads up. Sorry for getting everyone worked up. Lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Learn something new everyday. I thought I was doing good since I have no money at the moment to buy it thought somebody else would benefit lol. Oh well live and learn I guess thanks for clearing that up though.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
Learn something new everyday. I thought I was doing good since I have no money at the moment to buy it thought somebody else would benefit lol. Oh well live and learn I guess thanks for clearing that up though.
There's a parker hr series metering valve that spanks the ideal available on fleabay right now. I think its even still cheaper than that ideal. Search parker metering valve and look for the h3l.

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
There's a parker hr series metering valve that spanks the ideal available on fleabay right now. I think its even still cheaper than that ideal. Search parker metering valve and look for the h3l.
+1, go for the $25 Parker H3L, there is reason this metering valve is $450 in retail price.

CV value is important, but don't forget the orifice size.
orifice much larger but same CV, means less precision at low flow control, the perfect example are the swagelok bellow valves and the HOKE high pressure valves, both of the them have similar CV as some other metering valves, but with their large orifice, they are not for low flow control on our co2 systems.

detail of metering valves in the link below(signature), but can't do anymore update, not be able to add more info.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts