The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 20gl long aquariums. I was thinking of an L shaped corner stand I will build.

One tank will meet the other and rock will climb to where they meet with one rock crossing over to allow for a turtle to go from one to the other.

One will be deep water (3/4) and one will be low water (1/4). They will share filters (bottoms are drilled)

Anyone see any big issues. Building is not an issue and I can get loads of rock, I'm not sure on lighting if I should do the whole thing or just over the corner to have a warm spot and let it carry to the rest.

I'm thinking of sand and plants for the deep one and just bare rock in the other.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
What kind of turtle(s). The general rule is 10gal/inch of turtle length for 1 turtle or 10gal/inch for the first turtle and 5gal/inch for the 2nd. Deep water turtle species would appreciate a full tank of water with a spot to get fully out of the water onto a basking spot that would have a heatbulb and a UVB bulb. I have 2 turtles, 1 in a 55gal and 1 in a 40gal. The one in the 55gal will be getting a 120long at some point and the 1 in the 40gal will get the 55gal. The 120long is for my female cooter, she is already 8" long minus her feet and can barely turn around in a 12" wide tank. Go with the biggest tank you can off the start and do it once for the life of the turtle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point I'm not sure what kind to get. I would probably try for smaller ones. I would like something that likes land and deep water pretty even.

I also have a 30gal breeder tank and maybe I could user that as it is the same height as the 20gal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.