The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what type of shrimp this is. It reminds me of cherry shrimp body wise but it's yellowish greenish. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
I am trying to figure out what type of shrimp this is. It reminds me of cherry shrimp body wise but it's yellowish greenish. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Could you get a better picture of it? Maybe remove it and take a picture of it in a clear/white container?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay here are some side shots. they kinda look like the one above but maybe more greenish, yellowish.
here is a wide shot and then a close up of the same shot.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
They do come in brown, green ,and yellow. It looks just like it. What was the name of it that you bought it under. Yes they do look like a cherry. I think its Minami. Any second thoughts? Thanks for the new shot!

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
if you look at the stripes on he back of my picture and look at stripes on the back of sunmiztres they seem to be in the same spot, and the eyes look the same, but it could be wild cherry. Let find a picture of a wild cherry.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh No it's not a wild cherry, it looks nothing like it.
I don't know what it is. I was told it's a Neocaridina sp.
well there are allot of Neocaridina sp. There are snowballs, blue shrimp, ect that are Neocaridina sp. It does look like gabes picture of a Minami ecpet more yellow, green but you said they do come that way also. HUH, I Ponder :)
Any other thoughts?

Gabe you have any info on Minamis'?

Thanks

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look a bit like green midget shrimp, though I've never seen one in person.
The adults get to be 1 inch, dose a midget shrimp get to be an inch?

I know they breed like crazy. I had about 15 of them and now i have, well i have no clue but allot allot more. :)

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I know the Minami breed like cherry shrimp. They get about the size of cherry about an inch. They like the same temps and PH like cherry. Minami are very hardy shrimp just like the cherry shrimp. I believe they are Neocaridina sp.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know the Minami breed like cherry shrimp. They get about the size of cherry about an inch. They like the same temps and PH like cherry. Minami are very hardy shrimp just like the cherry shrimp. I believe they are Neocaridina sp.
Yes everything is pointing to the Minami. THey look like them and yes they breed like them in the same water parameters. Cool

Thanks gabe for the info:)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am planning on selling some of these because i have quite a few. I will have it posted at the swap and shop.
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts