The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
not orange eyes though. One of my wild tigers looks like the one on the right, but not as blue as the one on that the left, that one looks OEBT blue minus the OE. Maybe a OEBT breed with a normal/wild tiger? Get some of the body color in the first gen but no OE till crossed back?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i used my camera phone for the pic, dont have a good camera. the right one has the same pattern on the head just like a cherry red but is blue-ish. and it definitely doesn't have any orange eye. it did came from a cherry red tank though. no tiger was in the tank.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have had blue cherries, as well as some that were almost black. They did not have that tiger like stripe pattern I see in the pic. Unless that is a photographic artifact from the angle of the shot. That is what they looked like body wise.

As to the OEBT without the OE genetics question. The OE trait is recessive, thus if they are bred with wild type they will lose the OE. Crossing them back, would bring them back in a about 1/4 of the offspring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.