The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the first round of fish for my low tech 55g set up. Stocking is as follows:

2xMelanotaenia pygmaea (Pygmy rainbow)
2xBedotia geayi (Madagascar rainbow)
2xMikrogeophagus ramirezi (German Blue Ram)

And 1 of these guys, which i believe is Chlamydogobius eremius (Desert Goby) but I'm not 100% sure on this one.

The 2 rams appear to be the same sex (female I think). Any help sexing would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Picked up the first round of fish for my low tech 55g set up. Stocking is as follows:

2xMelanotaenia pygmaea (Pygmy rainbow)
2xBedotia geayi (Madagascar rainbow)
2xMikrogeophagus ramirezi (German Blue Ram)

And 1 of these guys, which i believe is Chlamydogobius eremius (Desert Goby) but I'm not 100% sure on this one.

The 2 rams appear to be the same sex (female I think). Any help sexing would be appreciated.
I would go grab a few more of the bows. They need to be in larger groups or they get stressed and will get nippy. The Pygmeya will get lost in that tank as the max size for them is around 2"

Make sure you have more females than males or the above will happen to, they will get stressed and stress the females to death.

The goby does look like a desert goby. I have no experience with them as they are a pretty expensive fish here. They feed solely on Algae so make sure you have some smooth flat stones that can build up some green dust / other various algae's for it to feed on.

The second pic, yep you have two males.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The rams look small, and it isn't the cleanest picture...The top one looks like a female and the bottom looks like a pretty small male. The females will have all of their dorsal rays (along the front, where they aren't webbed) the same height, or very close, where as the male usually has an elongated 2nd and or 3rd ray. He looks to be just under an inch... sound right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts