The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Those are ALL anubias ( the rhizome is there, the curve at the base of each is a dead giveaway, they are just heavily rooted).

Hygro doesn't have long "stems" between the main stem and the leaves (if you look at your pics there is no "stem" the leaves all come off the rhizome, hygro grows up as an actual stem), the leaves are a lighter green in color and narrower, and the leaves are much more delicate than anubias leaves,

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are ALL anubias ( the rhizome is there, the curve at the base of each is a dead giveaway, they are just heavily rooted).

Hygro doesn't have long "stems" between the main stem and the leaves (if you look at your pics there is no "stem" the leaves all come off the rhizome, hygro grows up as an actual stem), the leaves are a lighter green in color and narrower, and the leaves are much more delicate than anubias leaves,
Thanks, that is the conclusion I came to. I looked at a lot of pictures and as you say, hygro grows up as a stem and leaves come off the stem nodes. These leaves all come off the base/rhizome.

well, I think I got a deal them since I paid for 3 Hygro which was cheaper!:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.