The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if someone can ID this plant for me. I bought it a while back at petco on a whim, it was in a tank and labeled as aquatic, but I found out later that it isn't actually an aquatic plant. Left it in the tank for a while until it starting deteriorating. I removed it and put it in a vase of water for a while, til it started looking bad again, and i recently planted it in soil. It seems happy, making new leaves and its greener. Anyone know what it is? I lost the tag. Some type of lucky 'bamboo' maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I think I did have it sticking out of the top of the water at one point, but I don't really like the look of plants coming out the top of the tank. I'll keep it in the cow :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are you referring to Dracaena? I do not think it will survive even emerged. If you're referring to the corn crop plant then Petco is hilariously foolish! I'm sure it's a lucky bamboo - it loves water and grows very well emerged. Not my type of plant when putting on the aquarium though. I prefer pothos, philos and peace lilies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.