The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this plant from another board member but I never got a positive ID on it. Very, very similar to rotala macrandra 'green' (which is also in this tank) but the leaves are longer and a bit more slender.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
That is indeed Rotala macranda 'Green'. Do you notice the little notches in the leaves? Those are not present on any of the rotundifolia varieties.

EDIT: it's likely you got it from me ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is indeed Rotala macranda 'Green'. Do you notice the little notches in the leaves? Those are not present on any of the rotundifolia varieties.

EDIT: it's likely you got it from me ;)
Very possible I got it from you. It is different from the rotala macrandra green I have though. Though the differences are subtle. The R. macrandra green I have is growing on the other side of the lagarosiphon in that pic. I don't have a current pic of it but here is a pic of r. macrandra green from a few months ago. Same tank before I moved.

The rotala in question has never colored up like that. Even under identical conditions. It's hard to show the differences in the pics. I'll take another pic this evening to try to explain.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Oh did I mention my Rotala macranda 'Green' mutated from Rotala macranda 'Butterfly'? That could explain the small differences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.