The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rummy tetras die one per day. this is day 4. ID desease please so i can treat. for now i added 500mg erythromicyn to this 29gal tank. there is a BN pleco and bamboo shrimp which i care for the most so i cant treat with copper.

fish on the pic was released from his duty with alcohol 5 sec ago. it looked exactly the same in tank

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
29gal matured tank, overfiltered, understocked.
last week i brought home 9 rummynose tetras from LFS, after few days they started dieing one by one. there were betta in my QT so i droped fish in this 29gal.

other inhabitants in that tank is
BN pleco
bamboo shrimp
amano shrimps
cherry shrimps
apple snail
helena snail
MTS

edit:
ok so i searched around and it does indeed looks like columnaris.

any shrimp safe suggestions for treatment ?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The combo most people use to treat Columnaris is Kanaplex and Furan 2. I am not sure they are shrimp safe. If you do fail to treat and lose the fish. you'll have to bleach everything down and most likely throw your plants out. I would move the shrimp and bleach everything between tanks. Columnaris can live up to 29 days without a host. So, I suggest if you have the option of returning them. I would. Kanaplex and Furan 2 ran me about 20 bucks and I had to ship it. You can slow it down with a high salt concentration. Like 1 tablespoon per gallon, till you get the meds if you decide to go that route. Just make sure not to use things between tanks its VERY CONTAGIOUS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.