The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently started using osmocote root tabs and now my crypts (which have been settled for over 8 months, and have never melted or had any problems, good growth and everything) are starting to get these clear spots in the leaves. They seem to start small and gradually get bigger. No yellowing or yellow border around the spot, and it's not exactly forming holes. Just these clear spots of what looks like dying plant tissue. Does anyone know what's wrong with them? I don't currently dose any macros except for the root tabs. I dose seachem flourish comprehensive.

Attachments

·
Plant Whisperer
2,550 Posts
One leaf won't tell us what it is. We need to see the location that it came off the plant (new or old leaves), and photos of other plants in the tank that are having similar issues.

If it is just 1 leaf, or 1 plant in the whole tank it is unlikely to be a deficiency.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of my green cryptocoryne sp. have this, mostly on the old growth. Surprisingly my brown crypts seem unaffected from what I can see. The only other thing that looks wrong in the tank is some brown algae on my ludwigia sp. I've attached more photos of the tank,
Also the tank inhabitants are 8 Cory cats, an otocinclus, 6 rummynose tetras.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts