The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say micro sword. Seeing this makes me wish I would have gone through with my Helms Deep tank idea. Still have the castle part I made, so maybe one day I'll make it happen.

I love Castles, and always thought they look corny in a tank if they are just sitting there around a bunch of plants.

Castles are the ornament that is so common it is often mis-used, but they have potential such as the pic above to be absolutely dazzling and make you feel like you are in a differnet time period.

Yah - I am a 27yr. Old male that just used the word Dazzling....and Im proud of it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Guessing it's regular maintenance to remove runners. But, you could probably DIY some type of "barrier" ... you know like you put those plastic barriers/edgers around landscape beds to prevent grass growing in, flowers growing out? Just on a much smaller scale for aquarium use. I don't have the slightest clue if those exist commercially for aquascaping or not!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guessing it's regular maintenance to remove runners. But, you could probably DIY some type of "barrier" ... you know like you put those plastic barriers/edgers around landscape beds to prevent grass growing in, flowers growing out? Just on a much smaller scale for aquarium use. I don't have the slightest clue if those exist commercially for aquascaping or not!

Thats a cool idea though. I had often thought of using a technique that I recently realized is an actual "branded" concept. I saw it when researching "types of aquascapes" in which I found the above photo. I forget the actual name, but it is creating aquascapes with "earth like" themes (Houses, cities, etc..)

One had like Zen type buddha temple, with a shaoling warrior outside. It seems cheesy, but when done right it can be amazing.

I remeber one where there was a fence that looked self-manufactured and it was awesome. I share this because your landscaping suggestion triggered it from memory...I will browse the web and see if I can find some examples

EDIT: I believe this is the movie I watched - absolutely worth the time spent watching. I dont know how they incorporate what looks like Waterfalls but DAMN they are cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsa8VhLGh2s&feature=related

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.