The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got this Rubber Lip Pleco May 9 (last Saturday) for my 55 gallon. In this tank I have 2 German blue rams, 2 honey gouramis, 2 upside down cats, 1 Electric Blue Acara, 1 Blue Eyed Bristlenose and now the rubber lip, total of 9 fish. But I’ve noticed that the rubber lip has white spots. So I believe it’s ich but I’m not 100 percent sure. And even though it’s been a few days he’s only been hanging out in the corner of the tank at the top. Although my Bristlenose hangs under a mopani wood. I have 2 mopani woods. Is it normal for a rubber lip to stay on the glass ?? This is my first rubber lip so I don’t know anything about it. Can anyone tell me if it is and if it is ich how can I help get rid of it?? ( I don’t have a quarantine tank.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Yes, that is Ich. He is hanging out at water line because that is where the most available oxygen is. Ich parasite commonly attacks the gills and under the gill plate-- making it difficult for the fish to take up oxygen.
Get a parasite medication that's active ingredient includes malachite green. Do it fast! Ich spreads fast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts