The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Ich is a parasite and it ,like most things has a basic size which is large enough to see. It also has a big habit of getting into the hidden spots but also often winds up on fins which are kind of clear so that we can easily see them on the fins.
Another factor to consider is how quickly ich spreads, so if you have a fish who might" have ich and watch for a few days, it is likely to be all over them or there is none!
So , I agree that there is not likely to be any ich on this fish at this time.
But as a thought that might help, the water seems to be a bit cloudy, so you may need to review how the tank is kept as good clean water is almost always the best and cheapest medicine!!
Good luck as it gets hard to figure at times. I still get there at times!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hi and thanks for looking at. I moved him to a quarantine tank, its cycling so the water is cloudy. though I am carefully measuring and using prime for water changes and measuring parameters daily. he has a heater at 80, a thermometer, a sponge filter, and airstone both with valve to a gentle flow, I test the water and its cloudy but otherwise normal. I have been treating with prazipro because he's flashing and has red gills so I thought it was flukes, but its worsened over two weeks, I think ive misdiagnosed. it might be time to re evaluate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks amcoffee, it's good that prazi helped the situation you had.

I think the bottle of prazipro might not be good. The liquid has a light pink color, but I it got off amazon and I am doubting it's good or even real, so much stuff I buy from there anymore is bogus. or maybe he had a reaction to the stabilizer ingredient...

Anyway, I switched to api general cure from my LFS and seems to be improving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.