The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an ich medication out there that will not stain silicone?

My show tank has a few fish with it and I want to treat it asap before it gets out of hand. I have a hospital tank but it is not finished cycling so I will have to treat in the show tank.

I have an organic ich treatment from Kordon but it doesn't seem to be working.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Don't use chemicals to treat itch, just raise the temperature to 84-85 for a week and itch will go away. I have been successful my entire life to combat itch that way.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't use chemicals to treat itch, just raise the temperature to 84-85 for a week and itch will go away. I have been successful my entire life to combat itch that way.

I raised my temp to about 80-81 about a week ago. I will try to bump it some more but I would really like to treat with something to rid this quickly!

I have a few pricey fish in this particular tank, so the sooner the better.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you don't have inverts, cuprimine will do the job. Hell, the 20 or so cherry shrimp in my 55 have lived through multiple doses of cuprimine so even if you have inverts you might be safe.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The organic stuff takes weeks it's not going to happen right away. It's going to take longer then a week no matter how you go about it with any method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts