The Planted Tank Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 2161 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Now that is sweet! A 3D printed home for your iAqua. The link is to the maker files for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Problem again, whch off power filter and solenoid of co2 the mega just hang or reset, ia it EMI transient, how do you build yours, mine is in a tight cabinet with all the parts.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Problem again, whch off power filter and solenoid of co2 the mega just hang or reset, ia it EMI transient, how do you build yours, mine is in a tight cabinet with all the parts.
Could be EMI, I'm using an isolated relay module which should prevent any noise from making its way to the arduino and haven't had any issues. Keep in mind that for the isolated relay modules you find on the bay you need a separate power supply for it to be truly isolated:

Relay isolation

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could be EMI, I'm using an isolated relay module which should prevent any noise from making its way to the arduino and haven't had any issues. Keep in mind that for the isolated relay modules you find on the bay you need a separate power supply for it to be truly isolated:

Relay isolation
Thats the exact problem, relay is opto isolated but made in china and i am using 12v supply which is for the relay and regulated to 5v for mega!! I changed the power supply which i took from an old dialup router, which had 12v and 5v output and also i made RC Snubber , now problem solved. Thanks again @mr man, now i run my i-aqua, its working nicely but could not test the lighting part because i had with me just an old led lamp without dimming, i had interest in your LM3414hv led driver, that would be my next project.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi MrMan.
First and foremost, i really like this project and have to praise the time and effort put into it. really amazing work.
I am in the process of building one of these and i myself and an arduino beginner.
i have a small issue at the moment.
My touch screen doesnt seem to work.
I opened the serial monitor and regardless of where i touch on the screen, the x,y values are -1,-1

I have configured the display using
CTE32_R2 for the utft
mytouch as (6,5,4,3,2)

i have tried calibrating the display and i ran some example sketches which both seem to work perfectly fine (Quickdraw and touch buttons from the utouch library)

any idea what i might be doing wrong and how to fix this?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi MrMan.
First and foremost, i really like this project and have to praise the time and effort put into it. really amazing work.
I am in the process of building one of these and i myself and an arduino beginner.
i have a small issue at the moment.
My touch screen doesnt seem to work.
I opened the serial monitor and regardless of where i touch on the screen, the x,y values are -1,-1

I have configured the display using
CTE32_R2 for the utft
mytouch as (6,5,4,3,2)

i have tried calibrating the display and i ran some example sketches which both seem to work perfectly fine (Quickdraw and touch buttons from the utouch library)

any idea what i might be doing wrong and how to fix this?
There are overlaps on pins if you use pins 2-6 which is why the TFT shield is supposed to be modified (or use my shield which does the same). The code sets those pins as PWM output for LEDs so when you also try to use them for the touch it will probably not work. Check the early pages of this thread to see how to modify your TFT shield.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lights

Hi,

I don't really understand how lights are managed in iAqua.
There are 8 pins dedicated to light.
What is their role ?
I own a freshwater aquarium and I only use a single white led ramp.
I would like to use iAqua to turn on this ramp in the morning and turn it off at night, with fade effect.
I do not use an extra card, only an arduino mega.
Is it possible to use Mega PWM capacities to do that ?
Should I edit the source code?

TIA,
Nicolas

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok. So being absent from the forum for a while, and this project, I decided to do some work on it recently. I have all the wiring done, it worked before my project was on a break. I go to plug everything in (with a new 20" extension cable for the screen made from 24AWG silicone wire, and dupont connectors. Now, nothing on the screen works. No icons, but the screen lights up and dims after a certain amount of time. What am I doing wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it worked before you added your new cable have you tried removing that cable to see if it still works with the original setup?
I asked some local arduino experts locally and I made mistake. I did not mount the touch screen shield with the screen in the box. Only the screen. Moved it across and it all works...... kinda.... now dealing with the relays not working. But I will fix it

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ok I found a bug in the software that I have. When I click dosing, it crashes completely

Video here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yk2kvlp2NPJgR0Uf2
I actually had a similar problem with that screen and ended up re-organizing the code so that it printed stuff out in a different order and it went away, so I didn't really figure out the cause. What software version are you using?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I actually had a similar problem with that screen and ended up re-organizing the code so that it printed stuff out in a different order and it went away, so I didn't really figure out the cause. What software version are you using?
I do believe it is 1.0.4.

Now I have been playing with the relay board and I cannot get the iAqua screen to turn any of the receptacles off. I have 5V to the 8 relay module board along with 110V hot to each of the modules, and the ground and neutral to the receptacles. Any hint on how to troubleshoot this?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I do believe it is 1.0.4.

Now I have been playing with the relay board and I cannot get the iAqua screen to turn any of the receptacles off. I have 5V to the 8 relay module board along with 110V hot to each of the modules, and the ground and neutral to the receptacles. Any hint on how to troubleshoot this?
I'd suggest trying my updated software, has some improvements over 1.0.4 and may fix your restarting issue on the dosing screen. You can go to my post linked in my signature to find a link to the github page.

For the relay module, forget AC power for now and just focus on getting the relays to toggle. The software uses analog pins A0 - A7, so when you're in the power screen toggling the outlets on/off measure the voltage on those pins and make sure they're changing between 0 and 5V. If they are then the problem is either your relay module or how you've wired it.

so on my relay module, I have 5VDC powering it. Is it capable of 12V?
If you look at the relays it says "SRD-05VDC", the 05VDC means the relay coil is rated for 5V so you should not use 12V. If your particular relay says "SRD-12VDC" then you should be using 12V.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I don't really understand how lights are managed in iAqua.
There are 8 pins dedicated to light.
What is their role ?
I own a freshwater aquarium and I only use a single white led ramp.
I would like to use iAqua to turn on this ramp in the morning and turn it off at night, with fade effect.
I do not use an extra card, only an arduino mega.
Is it possible to use Mega PWM capacities to do that ?
Should I edit the source code?

TIA,
Nicolas
Nobody has an answer to my question ? :crying:

1941 - 1960 of 2161 Posts