The Planted Tank Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 2157 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
It is showing 300mm x 300mm whereas the board size is 100x100. If possible pls share cad file.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Just downloaded the gerbers and confirmed the board outline is 100x100mm, there is text for each layer off to the side but board shops know to exclude that, as more than one person has had these made. If you're still having issues PM me as I have extra boards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does a 3.2" have to be used or can I use a different size as they are quite hard come by or there quite expensive in the UK even on ebay

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does a 3.2" have to be used or can I use a different size as they are quite hard come by or there quite expensive in the UK even on ebay

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Yes you can use bigger tft but you will have to redraw all image files and make them bigger or change their position, or else there will be empty spaces in screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all.wonderful project,would be nice to do,but as a newbie never know where to start.Anybody ever made a page or .zip file where a newbie could download the project or least read threw what is the latest,and greatest thing right now.MrMan have lot of post,AnotherHobby is the starter,robsworld78,he is very successful but not in the forum any more,he sell hes unit for 500.00 us.What is i could not afford, O2surplus have hes own board,so let just tell for a newbie there is a no ending read and confuse.Sorry if i offend anybody and thank you for your time and patient.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi to all.wonderful project,would be nice to do,but as a newbie never know where to start.Anybody ever made a page or .zip file where a newbie could download the project or least read threw what is the latest,and greatest thing right now.MrMan have lot of post,AnotherHobby is the starter,robsworld78,he is very successful but not in the forum any more,he sell hes unit for 500.00 us.What is i could not afford, O2surplus have hes own board,so let just tell for a newbie there is a no ending read and confuse.Sorry if i offend anybody and thank you for your time and patient.
This gets asked pretty often but no, there isn't really a single post that summarizies everything. The original AnotherHobby project was done on a breadboard and later updated to use a shield done by O2, that information is fairly scattered and I don't think that board is available anymore. I did a shield myself that added a few extra features and I have some available as well and I've posted the PCB files for people to build. Here is the link to my post:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/2...uarium-controller-arduino-88.html#post8379497

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you MrMan for your replay,downloaded everything,even from GitHub, now just one more Q:do anybody sell your board somewhere?Thank you for your time

·
Registered
22 Posts
@MrMan,

I had been busy building the PCB shield, last night i test my pcb it is working, but i had problem in the setting/feeding, there is only 6 icons, the 2 light icons vanished, what could be the cause, i thought it was my mistake while modding your code so i used your code (without modding) but still no light icons on setting/feeding, at the home screen these icons and all the icons were there but these 2 icons are greyed out, do you disable these 2 icons on your code

·
Registered
224 Posts
@MrMan,

I had been busy building the PCB shield, last night i test my pcb it is working, but i had problem in the setting/feeding, there is only 6 icons, the 2 light icons vanished, what could be the cause, i thought it was my mistake while modding your code so i used your code (without modding) but still no light icons on setting/feeding, at the home screen these icons and all the icons were there but these 2 icons are greyed out, do you disable these 2 icons on your code
Yup, removed lights from the feeding menu in the later release

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
@MrMan

I need your help again, so everything except led/heatsingk temp is working fine, i thought it was a problem in my shield and change pin 47 (sensorW) to pin 49 (sensorH) but still sensorH is not working on pin47, sensorW is working on pin49, if i change sensorW to any pin (i,e 47,48,49) it is working but sensorH does not work on any pin, change the temp prob still sensorH is not working, this prove that my shield is not the problem but it may be in the code, last night i trace your code but i could not find any problem (maybe because of my first time arduino). What could be the problem, how do i enable the led temp. Is it at the dallas library.

Solved by copying check temp of sensorW to sensorH and comment on the next function of sensorH.

·
Registered
224 Posts
@MrMan

I need your help again, so everything except led/heatsingk temp is working fine, i thought it was a problem in my shield and change pin 47 (sensorW) to pin 49 (sensorH) but still sensorH is not working on pin47, sensorW is working on pin49, if i change sensorW to any pin (i,e 47,48,49) it is working but sensorH does not work on any pin, change the temp prob still sensorH is not working, this prove that my shield is not the problem but it may be in the code, last night i trace your code but i could not find any problem (maybe because of my first time arduino). What could be the problem, how do i enable the led temp. Is it at the dallas library.

Solved by copying check temp of sensorW to sensorH and comment on the next function of sensorH.
Looks like I screwed something up when playing around with using Serial2 for communications with a LED module, ended up scrapping that idea for the WiFi LED I just built. I've updated the github code back to the older version code that should work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can try a different sd card and see if works.

I want to add a flow meter (Hall Effect) so I will know when my filter needs cleaning (also I do my water changes with the help of my canister filter, so I will also know how many litres to drain). Can anyone help me with the code? I need itoa to convert int to chars and print it on screen?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. Been reading this entire thread with interest.
MrMan, would you happen to have any left over spare boards laying around and if so could I get one? If not is the newest files on page 88?
Thanks in advance.

1921 - 1940 of 2157 Posts